1
Vote

Deployment Problem

description

I modified an existing / working package to simply check if a flat file exists otherwise fail the package. Everything works fine on development system within BIDS but fails on production server. The error (package is executed from the command line) is
 
Error: 2010-11-26 16:27:48.98
Code: 0xC0016025
Source: Verify Source File Existance
Description: The "ConstructedFullFilePathVariableName" node cannot be found in custom default persistence. This error occurs if the default saved XML of an extensible object was changed in a way that a saved object is no longer found, or if the extensible object itself changed.
End Error
Error: 2010-11-26 16:27:48.98
Code: 0xC0010018
Source: Verify Source File Existance
Description: Failed to load task "Verify Source File Existance", type "ToddMcDermid.SSIS.FilePropertiesTask, FilePropertiesTask100, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=6c005605b216cf47". The contact information for this task is "Todd McDermid".
End Error
 
The file to be checked is being set via a variable and is being modified as part of the command line. Using the 2008 version of the component and have confirmed that the assembly is registered in the GAC.
 
DTExec.exe /FILE CITAS-Import-Data.dtsx /REPORTING EI /SET "\Package.Variables[User::SourceFile].Properties[Value]";"%1\static\Yesterday\SS\TASOUT.csv" /CONNECTION "DestinationDb";"Data Source=DB-01;Initial Catalog=CITAS;Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Auto Translate=false;Application Name=CITAS-Central-Import;"
 
The same variable is being used to set the connection string for the flat file connection.
 
If I disable the task and run the package, the above error still appears but the package successfully completes and the flat file is imported. This indicates that the variable is being assigned correctly.
 
Thanks.

comments

John_DBA wrote Jan 27, 2015 at 3:50 PM

I know this a 4 year old issue - but for the sake of making sure anyone who finds this gets some form of answer- I ran into the same issue this morning.
With a little digging - it seems the common problem is this happens when moving the package from one instance to another. The way I solved this is to install the "File Properties" task onto the system that I was migrating the package to. It's a funny little gotcha that this task will mostly work without being installed - however, it needs to be installed on the system it's operating on for full functionality.
In this case I can imagine, if the issue was like mine, that the file properties task was installed in Dev and not Prod.
I imagine this issue is WELL resolved, but I wanted to make sure to leave a bread crumb for the next guy to come across here :p