Problems using File Properties task

Sep 1, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Hi, I have used your File properties task and it's very powerfull and user friendly (it cuts out a lot of script task) but I'm not able to use it, it doesn't recognize my package variable (I have sql server 2008). Do I have to do something to setup variables to use them with File Properties task?
Thanks, Francesco

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Hi Francesco,

I'm not sure if it was you, but I got the same question on my blog.  I've updated the component - there was a problem with it and how it accepted what variables to use for the attributes.  So now this advice applies regardless of what property of the file you're reading.  You need to make sure that the type of the variable you want to assign a file property to is of the appropriate type.  It should be straightforward - the "date" type properties need DateTime type variables.  The attribute properties need Boolean variables.

I hope that helps - if not, please post back!

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Hi todd,

it was me, I have posted the same question also on your blog. THanks for your help I have apreciated it, it was a variable type problem.

Thanks, Francesco

----Messaggio originale----
Da: notifications@codeplex.com
Data: 08/09/2009 3.02
A: <francesco.vanin@libero.it>
Ogg: Re: Problems using File Properties task [filepropertiestask:67566]

-->

Hi Francesco,

I'm not sure if it was you, but I got the same question on my blog. I've updated the component - there was a problem with it and how it accepted what variables to use for the attributes. So now this advice applies regardless of what property of the file you're reading. You need to make sure that the type of the variable you want to assign a file property to is of the appropriate type. It should be straightforward - the "date" type properties need DateTime type variables. The attribute properties need Boolean variables.

I hope that helps - if not, please post back!